Thursday 22 September 2016

And so to new beginnings

Welcome to my shiny new blog!

I am hoping to get started with blogging regularly very soon and have decided to start afresh with this blog and seriously do more crafty stuff.  I started this new regime off well with the purchase of a box of 132 Prismacolor pencils.  I have been toying with the idea of investing in a set for while now and took the plunge on Monday morning.  I was so excited when the arrived yesterday and opened the tin with great glee... only to find that they didn't appear to be in any particular order and the OCD in me started to quiver... Not in colour chart order nor colour number order... I broke out into a sweat!  Honestly, the joy of a new box of pencils became a nightmare for me.  I sorted them into the colour chart order, as shown on the bottom of the tin and felt a little happier.  Then, I tried using them and suddenly felt panicked... how would I know where to put them back when I used them?  The colour chart is on the bottom of the tin!!!!

A quick google today found a chart, in the correct order with blank circles to fill in with the colours and that solved two problems for me, not only was I going to know where to put the pencils back in their correct tray, I also had to use every single one of them, twice (as I decided to make two copies of the chart so I can't lose it. Ha!

Sheesh! I haven't had this much of a panicked reaction to new craft supplies since I discovered Promarkers and had to organise them all in a box, complete with a colour stickers I stuck to the end with their colour names written so, so small.

Annnnnd breathe....

Well it was all worth while in the end as you can see from this photo.


What's more, I have actually been colouring an image with them tonight, and I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment