Saturday 15 October 2016

Wishing you a frightfully wicked Halloween!

Visitors to my old blog may remember that I am notorious for forgetting to send cards to people.  I love making them, but actually remembering to go and pop it in the post is an entirely different matter. Well nothing ever changes.  A friend of mine sent me some handcrafted jewellery in May for me to wear to a Mayoral Ball which I was attending, all the way from the States and I had promised her a birthday card in return. Well, her birthday was in July... and I didn't send her one.  Not that I didn't want to but I didn't have my crafting station set up then and I wanted to make a really nice one for her once I had rediscovered all my stash.  Well I have no excuses now, so she was rather confused when I contacted her in October to ask for her address to send her card. 'But my birthday was 3 months ago!'  Ah yes, but a promise is a promise and it will be with you soon, albeit a little later than was planned... and here it is!

The team over at Fantasy Crafters are so in the mood for Halloween!

We've been working hard on a selection of new digital stamps available from Crafts and Me and for my challenge I chose Hannah Lynn's Catherine Midnight. Not only does it include a witch and a pumpkin, it also includes a cat and as anyone who knows me will tell you. I love cats!  Well I do have six of the furry little devils sharing my house so it's just as well really.  I'm still addicted to my Prismacolor pencils so I have coloured the main image with those. An advantage I have discovered in using these over markers is the effects you can create, such as the spooky sky I have made in the background. I had a good rummage through my stash and found this wonderful sparkly paper which adds a little shimmer to the card and then used another piece of black and silver card from stash. I have added 3 rows of 6 AB gems plus a few strands of Angelina fibres to give a cobwebby effect plus a cute little hand-tied bow. Thanks for reading! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment